This Appeals Procedure applies to any student who wishes to appeal against their assessment decision.
- All learners are assessed against our published assessment criteria.
- All learners who agree to take our assessment will have received full written and verbal assessment instructions, assessment criteria and support towards assessment completion.
- All learners will be assessed by competent trained assessors.
A learner who wishes to appeal against an assessment decision may do so, following this Assessment Appeals Procedure.
- Grounds for Appeal
Candidates may appeal if it is believed that:
- The assessor was inappropriate in administering the assessment.
- The learner was not given a fair opportunity to provide evidence to be assessed against the assessment criteria.
- An unavoidable circumstance arose, which was outside the control of the learner, and resulted in the learner being unable to meet the assessment criteria as stated.
- Appeals Procedure
Any learner wishing to appeal against an assessment decision should adhere to this process:
- Print and complete the Appeal Form below.
- Include any supporting evidence and assessment paperwork in support of your appeal.
- Send the Appeal Form and evidence to ‘The Director’ at 59b Coningsby Road, High Wycombe, HP13 5NY.
- On receiving the completed Appeal Form, we will confirm receipt within 10 days.
- An external assessor/Quality Assurer will review the Appeal and respond within 14 days.
- Additional evidence may be requested to enable a full and fair decision to be made by the external assessor/Quality Assurer.
- Appeal Outcome
Following a successful outcome of an appeal, the learner may have the opportunity to:
- Resubmit their assessment submission without charge.
- Have their assessment mark amended as agreed with the External Assessor/Internal Quality Assurer.