Statement of Policy
The aim of this policy is to communicate our commitment to promoting equality of opportunity in providing any and all of our training products and services.
- Scope of Policy
This policy applies to:
- All learners who apply for training.
- All training events or activities.
- All resource and support opportunities that we offer.
- All staff who are employed or contracted to work with or for us.
- Equality Commitments
We are committed to:
- Taking positive action to promote equality of opportunity for all persons.
- Preventing unlawful occurrences of direct discrimination, indirect discrimination, harassment and victimisation (as per protected characteristics of The Equality Act, 2010).
- Actively fulfilling our legal obligations under the equality legislation and associated (professional register, professional association, Awarding Organisation) Codes of Practice.
- Promoting a harmonious working and training environment where all people are treated with respect and helped to achieve their full potential.
- Taking positive action, where necessary, to adhere to our Equal Opportunities Policy.
We accept responsibility for the effective implementation of this policy. In order to implement the policy, we shall:
- Ensure that training course places are allocated solely on the individual
merits of the learner’s suitability for the course.
- Not discriminate or treat any individual unfairly on grounds of gender, race, disability, ethnic origin, religion, sexual orientation or social background.
- Aim to make reasonable arrangements to enable individuals with individual needs and/or disabilities to access the training on the same grounds as all other applicants.
- Provide a consistent variety of teaching and learning methods and resources to cater for the diverse needs and backgrounds of the learners.
- Review the training and assessment processes diligently to measure the effectiveness of the learning methods, training materials and assessment process in meeting the diverse needs of the learners.
- Expect you make a positive contribution towards maintaining an environment of equal opportunity throughout the organisation. Please make sure you observe this policy at all times.
- Provide individual support to individuals who have identified specific learning requirements or require additional support.
- Ensure that staff take part in training and personal development to enable them to confidently and competently meet our Equal Opportunities Policy and maximise the learning and achievement of the learners.
- Equality in Recruitment
- Jobs will be open equally to all eligible candidates, and appointments will only be dependent upon an applicant’s ability to perform the job role to the standard required.
- The necessary skills, experience and qualities for the position will be set in advance for the job and will be demonstrably measurable.
- Applicants will be made aware of the criteria in advance and this alone will be used as a basis for selection.
- Recruitment procedures will be fair, open and transparent.
- The recruitment and selection team will be expected to operate within our Equal Opportunities Policy and practices to reduce the possibility of discrimination.
Any learner who believes that they have not been treated fairly, and in accordance with this policy, is entitled to raise their concerns. The complaint is to be addressed to ‘The Director’.
Any complaints of discrimination will be dealt with fairly, promptly and confidentially.
We reserve the right to change our Equal Opportunities Policy without prior notice. This policy is kept under review and subject to change in line with changes and amendments to law and any events that require the policy is updated.
Appeals Policy & Procedure
This Appeals Procedure applies to any student who wishes to appeal against their assessment decision.
- All learners are assessed against our published assessment criteria.
- All learners who agree to take our assessment will have received full written and verbal assessment instructions, assessment criteria and support towards assessment completion.
- All learners will be assessed by competent trained assessors.
A learner who wishes to appeal against an assessment decision may do so, following this Assessment Appeals Procedure.
- Grounds for Appeal
Candidates may appeal if it is believed that:
- The assessor was inappropriate in administering the assessment.
- The learner was not given a fair opportunity to provide evidence to be assessed against the assessment criteria.
- An unavoidable circumstance arose, which was outside the control of the learner, and resulted in the learner being unable to meet the assessment criteria as stated.
- Appeals Procedure
Any learner wishing to appeal against an assessment decision should adhere to this process:
- Print and complete the Appeal Form below.
- Include any supporting evidence and assessment paperwork in support of your appeal.
- Send the Appeal Form and evidence to ‘The Director’ at 59b Coningsby Road, High Wycombe, HP13 5NY.
- On receiving the completed Appeal Form, we will confirm receipt within 10 days.
- An external assessor/Quality Assurer will review the Appeal and respond within 14 days.
- Additional evidence may be requested to enable a full and fair decision to be made by the external assessor/Quality Assurer.
- Appeal Outcome
Following a successful outcome of an appeal, the learner may have the opportunity to:
- Resubmit their assessment submission without charge.
- Have their assessment mark amended as agreed with the External Assessor/Internal Quality Assurer.