Information is available to customers via our website, leaflets, brochures, telephone and email.
Every applicant will be contacted by the course tutor to ensure that:
- They have an accurate knowledge of what the course will cover and enable them to do.
- Any individual learning or other support can be provided either prior to the course, during or afterwards towards completing the assessment.
- Any individual needs can be accommodated (in relation to ESL, accessibility or resource accessibility).
The following information is forwarded to the student:
- Course dates, times, venue details and costs.
- Learner Information Pack (includes: Equal Opportunities Policy, Aims and Purpose of the Course, Teaching and Learning Contract).
- Assessment Pack (if applicable includes: Assessment Guidelines, Marking Criteria, Appeals Procedure).
- Start of the Training Programme
On the first day of the course, the learner will receive:
- Learner Manual
- Learner Handouts
- Learner Worksheets and where relevant, any multi-media resources
- Assessment Task Pro-forma and Assessment Guidelines
- Contact details for training support during and post training
- During the Training
The tutor will:
- Conduct a training needs analysis to establish the group and individual skill and knowledge competency.
- Include individual activities, quizzes and audits to assess learners’ current competency in relation to the Aims and Outcomes and be offered individual support and guidance.
- Lead small group activities and workshops will provide practice opportunities for all learners and feedback will be given in relation to the assessment criteria.
- Run whole group plenary sessions; small group tutorials will be used for formative assessment purposes.
- Enable learners on every training programme to have the opportunity for one-to-one and small group tutorials during the course.
- Post-course & Assessment Preparation
The learners will have:
- Full written and verbal assessment instructions.
- Online and offline sample assessment projects.
- Online and offline tutor support towards assessment completion.
- An opportunity to be re-assessed if necessary.
- Access to an online resource library.
- Appeals Procedure.