As a Training Provider, we recognise the importance of making sure that each learner receives a consistently high quality of training from each and every tutor and at each venue where they are trained and assessed (if applicable).
To ensure a consistently high standard of training and assessment across the range of training offered, we will ensure that we will adhere to the specified criteria in the PD:Approval Code of Conduct and Practice for Endorsed providers and approval criteria.
Our Internal Quality Assurance Procedure will include the following tasks to ensure consistency.
Quality Assurance Plan
- Identify a suitably trained Internal Quality Assurance who is responsible for verifying the quality and standards of our training programmes.
- Produce an IV Sampling Plan that ensures:
- Training and assessments are observed and monitored against the SkillsActive quality standards by an experienced and qualified Trainer/Quality Verifier to ensure that there is a consistent level of quality across all training and assessments.
- Assessors are sufficiently trained and qualified to make valid and reliable assessment decisions.
- Adequate support and training for inexperienced trainers/assessors.
- Experienced tutors/assessors to support less experienced tutors/assessors.
- Verify Assessment Decisions & Assessor Performance (if applicable) and provide written feedback to trainers and assessors in relation to:
- The extent to which the training and assessment meets PD:Approval quality standards in relation to validity, reliability, sufficiency and authenticity.
- Assessment planning, assessing performance and other evidence, making judgements, giving feedback and recording decisions.
- Their competence and development needs.
- Conduct regular meetings with Training and Assessment team to:
- Discuss and agree actions towards standardisation and retain minutes of meetings.
- Review training programme and assessment practice to identify action plans for development.
- Discuss and agree staff development needs and action plan for implementation.
- Ensure that all existing and newly recruited tutors/assessors are technically and occupationally competent.
Tutor and Assessor Evidence
- Observation of teaching, assessment performance and assessment decisions.
- Curriculum Vitae retained for all newly appointed trainers.
- Evidence of relevant and current qualifications or certificates in the area they are delivering.
- Evidence of current and relevant Teaching and Assessing qualifications (for some categories only).
- Evidence of appropriate registered membership.